Saturday, February 7, 2009

What's the Definition of Insanity?

Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result?

I'm insane. I had such high hopes that a different dosage/timing of melatonin would finally work. I am so disappointed.

Yesterday, my hopes were sky high! I took the .3mg dose at 5:30pm and could barely keep my eyes open by 8:30pm. Now, I wasn't entirely thrilled with this development. I was a little annoyed. I had things to do and I was so tired that I couldn't do them. However, I was also more than a bit excited. I'm leaving for Chicago tomorrow and NYC in a couple of weeks, and I thought maybe this was a chance to get on a more easterly schedule to make those trips easier.

So I sucked it up and went to bed. I was fast asleep by 9:00pm. The last time that happened was when I was climbing mountains all day. So far, so good.

In the morning, I opened my eyes. It was light, and I could hear my neighbors starting their day. The woman behind me was setting her kettle on the stove and Superman was bouncing a ball above my head. But it's Saturday...these are the noises that I usually hear around 9:00am on a Saturday. It should be much earlier than that!

I turn my head toward the clock - it's 8:50am. Instead of advancing my sleep cycle, I simply slept for 12 hours. I'm so frustrated that I just want to cry.

I give up. I'm at a loss. I don't know what else to do. I really don't.

No comments: